Sunday, November 29, 2009

WINNING WALLABIES

The weekend started off well for a change with the Wallabies beating Wales early Saturday morning Canadian time. The matches are not on TV over here so you have to search the web. A couple of weeks ago I paid $75USD to sign up for an Internet subscription service that provides sports feeds.

This service shows nearly every sport known to man the problem is whether you can pick up the feed. Over the last couple of weeks I have endured poor feeds via a matchbox size screed on my laptop. The feed is intermittent and freezes for minutes at a time, usually when a try is about to be scored or saved.

Add this aspect to the way the Wallabies have played over the past few weeks makes for a very frustrating weekend.

This weekend I had the same problems initially I couldn't find a site on my computer to watch the game and when it did it froze and took ages to re-load. Of course this is the 40 minutes that the Wallabies decided to play rugby and turn on the razzle dazzle, but I saw none of it.

Totally pissed off I went looking for another channel at halftime and found one that was free. It was the Foxsports feed from Australia so here I was in Canada watching the Wallabies play rugby against Wales watching a feed from Australia....strange.

So I got to see the second half and stayed on the channel to watch the All Blacks beat France. That was a great game of running rugby.

It has been cold and bleak here over the weekend, no rain or snow but overcast and clod. Now in the midst of getting out and putting up Christmas decorations a chore I am trying to stay away from.

Not much on the radar for the week except for a trip to Wal-Mart in Washington State to do some grocery shopping as it is so much cheaper in the USA than here in Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment