Monday, November 2, 2009

ON THE ROAD AGAIN


I had an early morning flight out of Brisbane to Melbourne, the plane was full of racegoers heading to Melbourne for the Melbourne Cup horse race. Hat boxes and suitbags galore.


I was met by my long-time friend Adrian at the airport and we proceeded on a road trip to who knows where. Ended up doing the scenic Great Ocean Road, a road that runs alongside the Pacific Ocean with fabulous views at craggy cliffs.


Highlight of the day was the 12 Apostles, rock formations that sit in the sea, formed by the wind and sea. Spectacular!
We finished the day off at Mt Gambier in South Australia a town famous for its beautiful cdeep blue lakes. Tomorrow will be a day of exploration and decision making as we have to decide whether to travel on to Adelaide or turn back into Victoria.
Not much going on in the writing front, I am still awaiting comments and advice on the first draft of Tommy Tippett. Adrian has given me a few tips and pointers about voice and audience that were sound and appreciated.
I am now thinking of starting on the next stage of the Tommy story.
The road trip continues!


No comments:

Post a Comment