Sunday, March 7, 2010

VANCOUVER BOUND

It has been a very quiet time this past week. Nothing out of the ordinary has occurred. The weather continues to remain fine and sunny with the days warming. More shoots are springing from the ground and trees continue to bud.


I think I tend to notice this more than the locals as it is strange to me to see trees laid bare of leaves and the gardens barren. Where I have lived in Australia the trees are non-deciduous and sometimes one hardly notices the change in seasons except for the temperature changes. Here in Canada the change is stark, you can’t not notice the change of seasons.


We drive to Vancouver on Tuesday as we have some business to attend to there. We will probably be there until Saturday. The main aim for the girls on this trip is to buy dresses for their forthcoming prom.


We wanted to see a show or concert whilst in Vancouver but the place appears to be a bit of a cultural wasteland at the moment. All we could find was a Heart concert on the Tuesday night we arrived. As I remember it Heart had a few mediocre hits in the eighties and I haven’t heard of them since. The women must be well into their fifties or older by now.


To see this band perform they were asking a minimum of $70+ with better seats well over 100 bucks. Unbelievable! I would rather spend my money on just about anything else. So at this stage we are still looking around for something interesting to do whilst we are in Vancouver.

No comments:

Post a Comment