Thursday, June 10, 2010

GO THE SOCCEROOS!!

Gee it has been a quiet last week or so, hence the lack of content. It is really the quiet time before a flurry of activity. The weather has been ordinary with locals stating that it is the wettest spring they can remember.



The southern Okanagan region where we live is considered ecologically to be desert country but it is anything but at the moment with everything being lush and green. The temperature has crawled into the high teens most days rarely threatening the twenty mark. The beach calls but the water in Skaha Lake is still damn cold.



Now we only have the Jeep we play a constant game of top off/top on, no small task in itself. It is a real pain actually as before we go anywhere we have to predict whether it will rain or be too cold with the top off. The upshot is if we need to fit bulky items in the Jeep (which we have recently) we have to remove the top.



The good news is that the forecast for the weekend is hot and sunny with a top of around 28c. That means we can hit the beach!



We have been doing our version of spring cleaning a new railing has gone up on the deck as well as a lot of cosmetic changes around the place with more to come. I even put a new BBQ together the other day which for me is a huge task. The instruction manual almost scared me off at the start as it was thick and foolscap size. That I assembled it with a minimum of fuss was amazing.


We have family coming in a little more than a week’s time. Mac has her Prom on Friday evening and graduation later in the month and in early July two of my son’s hit Canada for a 3 week visit. The day they head back home Tammie, the two girls and I head downunder for a 3 week visit.


I would love to have everything booked and in place but because of this and that all I have been able to book is a trip for me to Darwin later in August for some RAAF Reserve training. Hopefully it will all come together soon.



I have fixed my watching sport via the internet problems but it cost me $300. I called a computer technician in to look at the desktop as well as my laptop. He was here for five and half hours at $98 an hour. I was getting more and more agitated as time wore on. In the end he couldn’t fix the desktop. He concluded it needed a new hard drive. Damn! My laptop is running marginally better and at least I can access sport online.



Because he couldn’t fix the desktop he said I would only have to pay $400. I said no way and we settled on $300 with him to return and fit a hard drive. I am still waiting.



I am looking forward to the World Cup starting this weekend. The South African time zone suits Canada and most games will be on late morning early afternoon.



Go the Socceroos!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment