Monday, April 12, 2010

GRANDAD

Big weekend just gone. Firstly I became a grandfather for the first time and my youngest child, Kellie celebrated her 20th birthday.

Unfortunately I was thousands of kilometres away in Canada whilst these momentous events occurred. It didn't feel good being so far away from the action but at this stage there isn't a lot I could do. There is a little uncertainty about my Canadian visa inasmuch if I leave Canada I may not be guaranteed automatic re-entry. Therefore the risk is too high for now. So I had to pay $200 to change my flight details.

The baby was due several weeks ago but decided to take it's time coming and a decision was made to induce the baby on Sunday evening if labor hadn't began. As these things often go Meg went into labor on Saturday evening. I kept getting updates from various sources about the progress or should I say the lack of.

The baby finally came at 2027 on 11 April, a boy Kale Stephen McKay. 9lb 1oz, 54.5cm. A big unit indeed! I received the news from my son Ken at 0400 in the morning and I must say that it was a pleasure to be awoken at that time with the happy news that baby and mum were doing well. Now Ken and I just have to ensure that he turns out to be a South Sydney Rabbitoh's supporter!

The next day it was my lovely daughter, Kellie's 20th birthday. Kellie is such a wonderful women and I am very proud of her. She does have her "ditzy" moments but that is what endears her to people and seperates her from the pack. Happy birthday Kellie!

I never wanted this blog to be one of those that plasters family photo's all over it or comes out with a multitude of personal anouncements but what the hell this is big news!

akmacca08@live.com.au


1 comment:

  1. awww thanks dad, that was real nice :D cant believe im 20, sooo old now! but im not ditsy am i? haha :P

    Congrats on becoming a grandad too by the way, he is so cute, cant wait for you to meet him.

    love you heaps xoxo

    ReplyDelete