Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Back In The Saddle

Back into the swing of things again after the departure of the kids last week. On Monday I dusted off the Asics and got back into an exercise routine. Of course being another year older since I last exercised just before Xmas made it so much more difficult.

No build ups for me straight in at the highest level and consequently almost killed myself. It has been a lifelong story. Get fit and enjoy it, then get injured or go away for work or just get plain lazy and lose all the fitness and then have to start from scratch all over again and again.

I am also back in the editing saddle. As usual I buggered around for ages until I actually sat down at the computer to edit. It has always been like that with writing or university assignments. I always find other things to do but once I commit myself to the task it works out fine. In two days I edited 36 pages which is the most yet. I should (will) have the edit completed by the end of the month.

The weather is still pretty murky here, just the one sunny day in the past 3 weeks. It is like living in London, except with scenery. Apparently because of the geography of the Okanagan Valley and the angle of the sun the weather won't start to improve until mid-February. That said it was 11c here on Tuesday. 

Off to the movies tonight to see Sherlock Holmes. The Penticton Cinema may not be the most salubrious cinema in Canada but seats only cost $6.95 which is a huge plus. When you consider that cinema tickets in Australia are now $16 or more $6.95 is a huge bargain. 

I have seen a few movies over the past few weeks. Avatar, Up in The Air and The Blind Side. Each one was worth the price of admission.  

It is school exam time here at the moment so there is a bit of stress floating around the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment