Friday, December 18, 2009

EDITOR'S BLOCK!

The snow has come and gone for now and been replaced by drizzling rain. Of course this turns the roads to slush and pristine white has been replaced by dirty, black piles of banked snow. Not a very nice sight and it is the other side of the 'winter wonderland.'

We have a very steep driveway here and we were having trouble getting the van up and down the icy driveway. So the tyres on the van have now been replaced with winter tyres that will give the vehicle more grip and that means we should be able to get up and down the driveway without too many problems.

There is also some heavy winter driving trips ahead over the next few weeks, firstly to Banff and then across the Rockies to Vancouver and then down into the States to California and back. So the tyres will improve the safety of the drive.

Tomorrow we head to Vernon in BC to spend the night with friends before heading east and onto Banff.

Confession time.

This blog was primarily to promote my book about the boy, Tommy Tippett who grew up in Sydney in the 1960's. The book of some 85,000 words took six weeks to write and in the 8 weeks sincce I completed the book I have edited just 70 pages. It is something I am just not enjoying and I find any excuse to put off an edit for another day. I am not sure why as without the edit the book won't go anywhere.

I now have the excuse of travel and Christmas to further put off returning to Tommy. The solution I think is a new years resolution around Tommy Tippett and a completion date for the edit.

Good idea! That's exactly what I will do.

In the meantime I will write a bit about this and a little about that. Some blogs will be contemporary and keep you up to date with what is going on here and now whilst in other blogs I will backtrack to another time when we were all much younger, but not as wise.

So hang in there, Tommy is on his way, sooner or later, well actually a bit later than sooner but I know he will be worth the wait.

akmacca08@live.com.au




2 comments:

  1. Actually, you'll be heading east rather than west, heehee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, hopefully the article about you I sent in will be in paper next week. If so, feel free to post it on your blog! I see you corrected the compass direction, ha.

    ReplyDelete